Monday, November 10, 2008

More ISCA Convention






Here's some more work from my wall. Each artist is given a section of the wall to display their work with a number. Then, throughout the week you try to caricature whoever you want out of the people there and then at the end, you are judged by everybody in attendance in a number of different categories. There is best black and white, best color, best cartoony style, best abstract style, etc.
The first one is of someone I drew from life while attending Joe Bluhm's advanced party caricature seminar. Don't worry, Joe, I was still listening. The second is of Mikey in Acrylic and the third is of Kamal from Singapore in scratchboard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Dan!

Thanks for doing me man. You're a gangsta sort of fella eh.

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

No problem, Kamal; I work for Dollahs.
Anyway, let me know if you get a good scan of it- I don't think my photos were up to par.
I think I gave you my card, but in case I didn't: my e-mail is cking1@earthlink.net
Be well.

The Keeper's Notes said...

I like the life drawing best, but they're all cool. The one of Mikey reminds me of Robert Shaw in Jaws. What's the significance of the Power Bar?

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

Thanks. The Power Bar refers to a thread I posted on the NCN forum asking a question about how other party caricaturists deal with the issue of food at a gig, and I got a lot of responses- one of which said, "For crying out loud, bring a Power Bar!!" So Kamal here did a drawing of me with a belly holding a Power Bar, saying "Will work for food". He actually never had a Power Bar- I guess they don't have them In Singapore, so I bought him one in Raleigh, and so I put it in the drawing. The end.

The Keeper's Notes said...

funny.