Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More NCN






Here's a few more photos from the NCN: Me and Emi with the caricatures we did of each other. She did an amazing caricature them park made out of foam-core with a ferris wheel that actually turned. I was part of the "Horror House"- thus my sharp teeth. There's also one of another Japanese fellow I forgot the name of. His stuff was great, though. Then there's the one I did of Jan from Holland- the last one I did before our time was up and the end of the week.
The last one is one I did of Elgin from memory- just to see if I could do it. It's pastel, and from now on, I'm using pastel paper. I just didn't have any during the trip, and couldn't afford to buy some.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Nice work, Dan... as per usual.

I'm so glad that you were able to overcome your little setback at the convention in such a clever fashion... kinda makes the whole thing seem like it was meant to happen, eh?

Keep up the good work...

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

Thanks, Greg. Yeah, it was a close one, but it all worked out. I'm glad I was able to go in the first place.

Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling said...

Just scrolled down your blog to see this caricature of me that you did at the con , Dan. Its awesome that you did it from memory... sorry that my ugly mugg is burned into your memory like that! great color choice too!

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

Ha! Thanks, Elgin- it was an interesting exercise; I don't usually draw from memory, but I think it's good for creating something you normally wouldn't have if you had a refference in front of you.